OSHA requires employers to provide a safe and healthy workplace that is reasonably free of occupational hazards. However, accidents do happen. Therefore, employers are also required to provide medical and first aid personnel and supplies proportional to the hazards of the workplace.
This course teaches basic first aid techniques for employees and managers in any workplace. Main topics include: recognizing emergency situations, trauma injuries, musculoskeletal injuries, medical emergencies such as heart attack and seizures, environmental emergencies such as poisoning and temperature extremes, and universal precautions such as preventing illness.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize when an emergency has occurred and take emergency action steps
- Choose the best treatment for injuries such as bleeding, shock, and burns
- List the correct first aid procedures for chest injuries, fractures and sprains, and head and eye injuries
- Identify and treat poisoning, stings, and bites
- Implement Universal Precautions to protect yourself and others from infectious diseases associated with bodily fluids.