- Regulations covered: 49 CFR 172 Subpart F, 172.101, 172.704(a)(2), 173.2
- Hazmat: Placarding eLearning course covers the following topic:
- Intro to Placards
- Placard Requirements
- Hazmat Placards
- Intended Audience: Hazmat Employees who need function-specific training on placarding
- Length: 25 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2015 (Rev. 12/17)
This course assumes the learner has Hazmat General Awareness, Security Awareness, and Safety knowledge already gained from experience or successful completion of appropriate training.
Before taking this course, learners should be able to:
- Identify the required training all hazmat employees must receive
- Determine if a material is hazardous
- Recognize the hazard classes and divisions used to identify hazardous materials
- Recall what makes a material a hazardous substance, hazardous waste, marine pollutant, or elevated-temperature material
- Indicate the importance of the Hazmat Table
- Communicate a material’s hazards through the use of shipping papers, markings, labels, and placards
- Recognize potential hazmat security threats and ways to reduce them
- Identify suspicious behaviors and describe how to report suspicious activity
- List precautions drivers should take to keep hazmat safe while en route to its destination
- Discuss the emergency response information requirements
- Describe the types of safety training your employer may provide to keep you safe while working around hazmat
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows XP operating system, or later
- 128 MB of RAM
- Speakers or headphones, soundcard or on-board audio source
- Video card and monitor capable of a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or newer for PC / Firefox 19 or newer for PC / Google Chrome 25 or newer for PC. If using a Mac desktop or laptop, Safari, Chrome and Firefox typically work, however it is advised you install the latest version of those browsers as well as the latest version of Flash.
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Flash Player 10, however the latest version is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher
- Minimum bandwidth availability of 1.5 Mbps. 3.0 Mbps or higher recommended.
- This course can be completed using a tablet device, such as an iPad or Android tablet. We do not recommend nor support using a mobile device with a screen size of less than seven inches, such as a smart phone.