In a commercial motor vehicle, every turn is a tight one. And every intersection is an obstacle course of motorists, pedestrians, traffic signals, and power poles. It takes real concentration and skill to safely execute a turn or pass through an intersection.
Four out of every ten reported commercial vehicle collisions occur at intersections or junctions—some while turning and some while simply crossing the intersection. The risk of dents, scrapes, collisions, and even fatalities is dangerously high in these situations. Drivers need to know and follow safe turning techniques and intersection etiquette to protect themselves and those who share the road with them.
- This course is designed to help drivers understand how to properly navigate intersections, and roundabouts.
- The J. J. Keller Right Turns / Left Turns / Intersections eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Be Prepared
- Right Turns
- Left Turns
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the proper techniques for conducting left and right turns
- State the proper methods to follow when approaching and entering intersections
- Describe how to travel through roundabouts
- Intended Audience: All drivers of vehicles that require a CDL to operate
- Length: 30 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2015 (Rev. 2/17)