Working on a construction site requires workers to handle, move, use, and dispose of the building materials utilized. Handling materials safely should be a primary goal of every worker on the site. Improper, inadequate, or unsafe handling of materials causes injuries and even death in many cases.
This course provides an introduction to handling materials on the job site, including moving, storing, and disposing of materials.
*Flash player may be required to play this course
DISCLAIMER: this course does not track/score like other interactive courses. If you require one that does, please reach out to your representative.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the OSHA regulations that apply to materials handling
- Discuss safe storage and housekeeping practices for materials
- Inspect rigging equipment for defects and damage
- Recite basic crane safety, use, and inspection requirements
- Explain basic conveyor use, hazards, and safety
- Discuss basic forklift operations, safe practices, and training requirements
- Dispose of waste material safely.